Saturday 10 March 2012

Remedies?

My sleep is really messed up right now.

I can fall asleep very quickly each night.

Staying asleep is a whole other issue .

It's 8 p.m. now & I desparately want to go to bed.

But Kent is out at a table read, grandbaby is running around giggling & there's a show I plan to watch in a bit.

And if I go to sleep now, I'll be awake even earlier than the 4 a.m. that has been the trend the last two weeks.

I have no energy when I wake up at that time to physically leave the warmth of my bed & do some work, so I lay there, listening to the wind outside & the gentle breaths of my husband.

Damn, I envy him!

Four hours of sleep each night is not enough to be the best I can be each day. I'm starting to fill the fallout. Forgetfullness, lack of inspiration, disorganization, all things I work hard to not allow in my day are pretty present. I'm starting to get pretty frantic that my work will pile up & something will go terribly wrong. I'm just not at a point in my life where I can fail at the tasks I so enjoy doing, especially with so many people counting on me to get things done & done well.

Suggestions for a full nights sleep?

4 comments:

  1. I run into the same problem many nights. I am thinking it is a age problem in my case. I seem to run out of steam around 6:00PM each night if I am setting down I am out like a light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. I still have pretty good energy at night but have a hard time getting up in the morning. Thankfully, I work on my own hours, so my habit has been to let myself rest in the morning & get up when I'm ready & then use my energy for the rest of the day, well into the evening. Working on it!

      Delete
  2. Hmm... I have absolutely NO problems sleeping. What about setting up a good bedtime routine? A small carby snack before bed, maybe some reading or another hobby (not tv, etc..) Also, what about buying a bedtime CD (or there are APP's if you have an ipod, etc..) for sleeping. They're very soothing & relaxing. I hope you're able to get a good nights rest soon, 4 hours is not nearly enough! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pretty good routine at night & can fall asleep so easily but staying asleep just isn't happening. Maybe I'll try a snack before bed. I like the bedtime CD idea too. I could have that set up, just in case. Thanks Carla!

      Delete