Tuesday 6 March 2012

Taking the day off ...

... after a very late night. Dd finally had her breaking moment last night. Reality has hit that her relationship with her husband may, in fact, be over. The hope has disappeared & the despair has set in. In the middle of the night, we had one weeping mama & one frantic baby.

None of us have been thru this before. I've tried to sleep, had a warm bath & finally decided I won't be able to function at the office today. Thankfully, I'm set up to work from home & I had no families booked for counselling today. The roads are bad, the weather chilly & I'm staying in, to catch up on files, catch up on sleep & snuggle our precious grandson all day.

Our families have been intact for generations, so this is a brand new experience. Not one we ever envisioned for our children but one we are in the middle of now as we try to support our eldest & her baby the best we can. I'm hoping it doesn't get messier than this & that they will work towards finding ways to be the best parents they can be, while living apart, hundreds of miles from each other.

Yuck ...

2 comments:

  1. Justice,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Divorce is very hard (having been through it myself) and especially with a baby.

    I hope that they will eventually be able to work it out. It will be a long road for your daughter, but it's fortunate that she has wonderful parents to see her through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, the break up of a family is so sad! When our children hurt I think we hurt two times as bad. Hugs your way and for you DD and grandson

    ReplyDelete